Thursday 13 January 2011

Statue

A stupid song, silly and nonsensical in it's lyrics. The sad part is that, it's now stuck in my head. Like a leech, it's suckin' me dry.

Nome would understand what it's like. I didn't too, till I started. And I, have no intentions of stopping. It's silly, to quit. To know I must. Why bother to start, then?


I knew it, I did. That someone was following me. The number of hits I've been gettin' was the sign. I knew you were following me.

But I don't know you. I think I do, but I'm not one to assume. Come clean, if you want to. Or else, just be away. I've lived long enough without you. I don't need you.

Cold, I know. But you should know, since you claim you do, that I can be, cold. How did I go on without you, then?


"White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes"

I was following the pack,

All swallowed in their coats
With scarves of red tied 'round their throats
To keep their little heads
From fallin' in the snow
And I turned 'round and there you go.

And, Michael, you would fall,
And turn the white snow
Red as strawberries

In the summertime.



People, are gonna walk past me. &I'll be this statue. No movement, just still. Enjoyin', my night.

I know who you are. You know, too. Why waited this long, though?
I'm here, won't be going anywhere, yet. Yet. So if you know you can't live with the answer being a secret, you'll know what to do.

Do something, before I bid farewell. Nome can live with a heavy heart, not even you. That's why you chose to come forward. Now I'm tellin' ya, come clean. Or be just another number in my life.

Do something, before I bid farewell.
I can live, without you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home