Friday 31 December 2010

Misty Endings

The last day of the year. It isn't the last day of my life, though. I doubt it.

Usually it's a year full of ups and downs. Everyone would love to have more ups, even me. But there's no doubting, this has to be one of the years' I'd really have no sentiments attached to it. Cause it's a year of heartbreaks, heartaches, and yes, the few occasional tears.

And I'm still involved in the period of my life only I know how difficult it is. The end is nearing, but it's not that near. That's what I say to myself, to let time fly by faster. It's a trick I've used to manipulate myself, and so far, I've been successfully cheating me. Not him, not her, me.


Yes, there have been ups. Only a few, as I can recall. Yes yes the bad ones really do feel bigger than the good, but I know the bads have been really, as it is, bad. Horrible, actually.

Not much to be proud of, but October is the one month I can be. Proud of. A sense of pride, achievement. I really am proud till this day when I think of it. Cheers, best shot. I did it.


These few nights, it's been really quiet and peaceful. And not to say, the weather's been real nice. Tonight, it was silent. Just quietness all around. Not even the birds and cars broke the silence, as they usually they do. Not even the 2 meows who's been at it for a few nights already. A good night, I'd say.


A bummer of a year, and really, I'm not looking forward to the next year. It's funny, cause I usually do. This time, I really have told myself there's no need to. Cause, I still am broken, and I still am sore. Life, it really is a funny thing. It still is beautiful, but I do know, there's more to it. Not in the near future, though. I'm just gonna let the wind blow me. Blow me, and I'll drift along. I have no sense of direction as we speak. As I speak, so to speak.

So goodbye 2010. You've been a bitch. And I, for one, despise you.


I could do, though, with your whisper, breaking, the silence of the night.
Cause you really were, beautiful. I bid you farewell, mistletoe. Till we meet again, if ever. If, ever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home