Wednesday 15 April 2009

Two Stories

I just got off a glass of the worst tasting cream anyone could ever have. This, while watching a movie that created that feel in me where I craved for a glass of really good, smooth aged spirit. I would have taken fermented grapes if I had one, after all the movie was based on that. But I would have settled for a nice glass of Scotch. On the rocks please, mixers hide the taste.

It's a story of 2 stories really. One that was viewed in the afternoon, the other just a few minutes ago. And the truly amazing thing is that, I could relate to both movies. Fuck the ratings, screw comments about it. I think a good movie is one you can relate to. A great movie would be one you see yourself in. An award-winning movie? One that the general population including you, agrees that it was truly spectacular. I would agree that the movies I just caught aren't Oscar winners, but they would definitely have been voted by me if I had the chance.

The truly remarkable thing about these 2 movies is that, it was rather uneventful. No bombs exploding, no evil characters wanting to destroy the world, no politics, no violence. It was simply blissful. And the light hearted-ness of it truly allowed you to pause, and chill as you allow yourself to see, well yourself basically, in a different form under different light. I know I saw myself. And it was teasing me because, part of me wanted to admit that it's me, part of me was denying any part of it. It begin to question me, I began questioning myself. Is that really me? Taking the part of anyone who knows me, is that how people see me?

Epiphany.

Provocative, these 2 movies made me think. I honestly feel my brain's gonna give up on me one day for putting it under so much overdrive. Maybe that's when I have my sudden breakdowns. Where I get so emotionally drained I'm not as little as motivated to get myself out of bed.

My hands are in my shirt, I've got empty sleeves now. I've got empty pants too. Soon enough, an empty mind to think with. And if I had a paper right now, I would write down the number of terms I've rephrased.


Marks of affection
Love stains
Glass of cream
Fermented grapes
&Haiku

Every story has a narrator
I wonder who's mine
That guy with a funny accent
That guy they call you. Me. Him
Her would sound rather controversial.
Who I am to judge?
I'm just an entrant, speaking for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home