Thursday 22 October 2009

Go Easy

Not about the heavy, concentrated content. It's things from the lighter side. And I have so much to talk about. I guess more free time with myself helps. It makes me feel dimensional. And pictures, makes me feel clean. Clear and clean shots.

If there are a number of things I would like to pick up while enslaving myself for these 2 years, I'd want to learn the art of photography. I tend to be one who gets annoyed with the steps needed to ensure detailed and concise outputs, I've always wished there was a "mind-reader" button where any device could see what I want and then adjust itself accordingly. It'd be a dream come true for me. It won't show effort though, and I guess that is what it's about.

I think it's just amazing when you can manipulate imagery with just a few clicks. And it's astounding to see the amount of details in just one shot. The use of lighting and positioning. One of my favourite angles are ones where the subject is closer to the side. To me it gives a view of the background, with the subject sneaking into the shot at the side. It's about how the focus is shared. Oh, it's sweet just thinking about it.

Maybe learning the ways of plucking tight strings attached to quality wood is another skill I'd like to learn. To play light hearted notes with a soft raspy voice. Norah, Oh Norah. Where art thou?


I did mention about a book I've been trying to get my hands on. I thought it would be an interesting one to read, and I wasn't wrong. So far it's been just exceptional. A gift, like last years', which would be long appreciated.


Looking back at just that one shot, I do miss the wineries. Although the trip there was marred by a lack of time and a few naggy ones, I thought that it was one of the most serene places I've ever visited. You could imagine being there, up the cold, wet hills with nothing but a warmer on you and a camera in hand. And the beauty of the place. The colours there, absolutely stunning. Vivid skies, beautiful open land. It was refreshing being up there. I'd do it again when the time comes, this time I'm gonna appreciate everything there peacefully. What a place, don't ever go away.


And a dream about me taking flight in a huge flyer. It was a weird one because it was neither here nor there. Dreams, as fuzzy as they are at times.


Picture me, in that backdrop, strumming a guitar in that beautiful weather. Picture me doing that. On the side of the frame.

It's picture perfect.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home