Monday 8 June 2009

Dove

I'm about so many things. I'm filled with so much. Thoughts, phrases, ideas, pictorial as my words may be, I always try creating a lasting impression. Of me, and what I am about. I wouldn't say I try extremely hard at it, but I do know that I leave a certain mark where ever I am, whatever I do. It's in my nature I guess.

Whatever I do, whatever I say, however I act, it's done in a certain way. This is a reflection of what I am. And this, quoted by my favourite movie of all time, sums it all up.

I am a sincere man
From where the palm trees grow
And before death takes me,
I want to let the poems soar from my soul.

I come from everywhere
And everywhere I go;
Art I am among the arts,
Among the mountains,
Mountain I am.

All is beautiful and loyal,
All is musical and right,
And all, like the diamond,
Is charcoal before being light.

With the poor of the world
I want to cast my fate;
A little brook in the mountain
Pleases me more than the sea.

I want, whenever I die,
Stateless, but with no master,
To have on my tombstone, a bouquet of flowers...
...and my country's flag.

I cultivate a white rose
In July as in January
For the sincere friend
Who offers me his honest hand.

And for the cruel one who rips from me
My heart by which I live,
I cultivate neither thorns or thistles;
I cultivate the white rose.

Bravissimo, Fellove.
Bravissimo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monami Roy said...

the lost city. eh?
i googled the quote, and found just this link.
small world, this web, yes?

peace!!

\m/

and oh, its one of my favourite works, too.

14 April 2010 at 20:30  
Blogger Ravinder Singh said...

Oh gosh small world indeed.

Yes it is beautiful, ain't it? What a movie. And it's nice to know someone else liked it as much as I did. ;)

14 April 2010 at 21:15  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home