Friday 18 February 2011

Hermaphrodites

A story from the Greeks:

"All human beings used to be hermaphrodites, recounts Aristophanes, creatures with four hands and four legs and two faces turned in opposite directions on the same head. But these hermaphrodites were so powerful and their pride so overweening that Zeus was forced to cut them in two - into a male and female half - and from that day, each man and each woman has yearned to rejoin the half from which he or she has been severed."

I can't provide much, but I can assure you I'll show you a life you could never have imagined. I'll show you things you've never seen, experience events you could never possibly dream of, and bring to you feelings, you never thought you could feel.

Just take my hand. I'm reaching out this is the best I'll do. Complete the other half, you hold the key to this new door in the world.

Complete, my other half too.

And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you

Why do you sing with me at all?


I'm so sure of myself, it's scary. It's confidence. Trust me, put it in me.

I want, your hand. It'll be a journey other hermaphrodites would envy. Even greeks turn green. Didn't you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home