Monday 7 March 2011

Modern Old Times

For a couple of reasons I've recently been reading, not entirely, but some of my old writings. How times have changed, for myself personally. The state of denial, not wanting to accept that the person I used to refer to as "The Boy" was actually part me. Actually, it's the whole me.

Yes, it was the state of denial. And how much I sounded like a preacher. It has changed though. I've stopped talking about how people can learn and change their lives 'cause I've accepted that we are who we are, and that it's silly, really, to change someone through writing. My main objective was to create awareness of certain issues. Well, not anymore.


It is a change for me personally, as well. I accepted who I am, and that whole philosophy of being a preacher took a turn. That is why personally, I really dislike listening to advice, especially when people make it public via social networking sites. I really think it's pathetic. Now, I just write whenever inspiration comes knocking. And lately, boy, have I really been inspired.


To be able to write like him, the vision and relation he placed in his writing, it's just incredible. Yes, I'm talking about the one guy I admire most, Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, a.k.a. F. Scott Fitzgerald. He, is such an amazing author. Really, how I wished I was able to have met him. Maybe I did, in my past life, if you believed in such things. I'm not entirely a believer of it, but yes it has come across my mind a couple of times. Let's face it, I don't believe in much. Which is why, I get intimidated, overwhelmed to say the least, when I see such devotion and belief in most of the others surrounding me. I think it's scary. I think it's silly. I think, it's just me.

I love him, I absolutely do. His life, the person that he was. Like I said, I've never met him, only most probably in my last life, but I read so much about him to know what a great man he truly was. Fuck, eBay should start selling time machines. I'd travel in time just to be with him. And be with the things he went through, as a person. His devotion, his descriptive analysis, goodness I can go on, and on, and on. For now, I'll just go off.

Mr Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, you are simply brilliant. How I wished, I was alive while you were. How I wished, I was you.

I'm gonna stop.

Lights, illuminate the streets. Yet, all I saw was your dark silhouette. And yet I knew only from that, that you had unparalleled beauty. All I saw, was your dark silhouette. Yet I knew then, you were the *first number* . You were, the *first number*

Viva la vida. Companionship, is overrated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home