Wednesday 5 May 2010

Time Machine

You know, I wouldn't care less about the repercussions of this tempting prospect O' mine. I really wouldn't, cause there's this dying itch in me to be free. Bigger than an itch it's a bothersome ache on me head, makin' my heavy on me heart.


This sudden attraction for things in the early 20th century has really got me fascinated. From music to snapshots, to "moving pictures". The lifestyle of after-work cabarets, to the spoken words of people to the way they used to dress up and behave. I really think it's interesting. This interest has certainly built within me, and I'm brimming with ways to relive the experiences in these places. I've been surrounding myself with objects and ideas that makes me feel so impatient to go to the place I've been thinking of. A country actually.

I really think I have made up my mind. A place I'm familiar with, a lifestyle that I'd revel in, surrounded by the beauty of life. A huge place where I could just get lost when I feel like it, a place where it doesn't restrict your movement and freedom, and it doesn't put you through your paces. Sometimes I feel, in my life here I see nothing but things whizzing past me; There's no second to stop for a moment, and sponge in the beauty of this country, and the life I'm given. Everything here's such a haste, a second lost could mean a lifetime of worries. "Can't stop, I cannot afford to stop". Sorry, that ain't the life for me.
Let the red white and blue fly high; The star-spangled banner's within sight.
The future though, I dunno.

I'm just excited of what the future holds for me. I'm doin' whatever I can in my power to make sure it's the life I dream of. Oh future, I can't wait.


Put me into that machine O'yours. And spin me back to an age where bootleggers roamed the night streets, where music was sung in everyday sorrows and joy, where I'd dress up in a coat wearing my favourite brown hat and bowing down to the ladies I meet. Where they'd twinkle their toes in their best dresses and burn their cigarettes with the charm of a lady. And they'd offer my their hand at a suggestion to dance. Take me to the place where the white boys danced.

I'm in love. With something. And I'm holding on to it.
I'm pacing myself right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home