Saturday 23 July 2011

The Dramatisation Of An Infatuation

I can't seem to put a finger on how I'm feelin' within me right now. It's quite mixed up inside.

Honestly, it really has been a while since I've held the hands of the opposite gender who I hardly know at all. And all of it was so comfortable.

Me being myself, I just couldn't get out of my head the idea that you were just sitting there all by yourself. I mean, I couldn't comprehend that, not when you consider the nature of the place we were in. And I, naturally being the guy who wants to save all, had to approach you.

I kinda liked the fact that you were cool about it. And I kept my word, which was, my friends and I were gonna take care of you. I personally wouldn't have allowed anything happening to you.

You cool, suave. And you were very welcoming to my idea of joining us since your group of friends were nowhere to be seen. I made it a point to illustrate to you that friends just don't leave their own behind. And paint a vivid picture I did, despite the poor lighting in the area.

You should have seen me after you left. It kinda felt like my heart was ripped out. Now I understand the abrasion on my knuckles. I couldn't help but to intoxicate myself even more.

I don't quite understand it. And I do know, things won't workout for me. Still, I don't want to leave this out of my life where it comes to a point when I lose all ways of communicating. I think I felt this because, it's been so long since I've held hands other than my own. And that, it all had to end. It felt sick.

Then again, when you left I saw a pair of eyes smiling at me. It took me a while to register, but yes, she was smiling at me. I looked, once, then again. I had a third glance, a shot in hand, and said,"Cheers, darling". And she disappeared into the night, never seeing her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home