Monday 14 March 2011

The Profile

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds." - Nesta Robert "Bob" Marley

I have a book. Actually, I have a number of books. I have a number of books I call my own, and one of it contains quotes. Whether short witty phrases, to ,sometimes, very long meaningful ones, I have many of them in there. And definitely, you could bet your house on me owning the phrase I just shared here.

It seems as though I've been making reference to a number of people lately. It's Bob now. Ha ha, to even think I was just given that nickname just about 20 hrs ago. Funny, but yes, I revere him too.

Again, I feel very unfortunate to have not been around while he was. His music, his philosophies, I just read excerpts of it and yet, I really am blown away by how he sees things. He astounds me. His view of the world, it's just so different from so many. Really, that's why there's only one Bob Marley.

Special, in his own way. That was why he became who he was then.


It's only been a week. Yet it feels like this whole episode happened much much earlier. It's still too awkward for that *beep* of thought to come.
&I'm wondering; It's like playin' chess: Nome's makin' the first move.


Fuckin' time, fly. Fly, like that sparrow, which I once called a baby-mynah not too long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home