Thursday 2 February 2012

Damp Tree Trunk

Weather's a peach today, being alone at home, while it's cold and damp outside. A bottle of cough syrup stares at me from atop the study. "I've drank enough, my pink friend. Enough, for today."


It seems like there's always a narrator in my head, yacking away while I silently walk through a maze of walls and buildings. I'm not quite lost, no no; I'm just simply stating the urban surroundings I am engulfed in. There are no flames today, however. Just a lot of water to flood the dry plains of late.

I'm quite exhausted by talking about my dreams and aspirations here. Cause when you look, there's dreams everywhere in here. It's like an abattoir, it's floors inked by blood, and it's rooms filled with the stench of proof. I'm not saying my dreams are like the animals slaughtered and dead, I'm just saying there's proof everywhere that I have dreams. Might have been a weird way to put my point across, but I just love the sadness my poignant writing can sometimes evoke.

But let's talk now about rainbows and butterflies, and the life many see as a stinking gutter. Cause we're surrounded by beauty, and the majestic creations of nature and man. Surrounded by smiles and passion, by love and beauty. Sometimes, it does make me wonder why people would want to take their own lives.

I wanna try to steer clear of dark entries for now. My mind definitely needs a rush of dopamine and endorphins. Maybe, I should try swimming with dolphins. Cause they're always smiling and happy. And they're joy makes me smile, and happy.


I have to remind myself to make an entry this 29th of February. Cause it's a leap year this year, and it comes once every 4 years. This day, for some reason, holds a real significance in me. It's like, I've always wanted to know someone who was born this day. It's a day that doesn't exist till 3 years after it does. It makes me so amazed.

Amazing, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home