Wednesday 17 September 2008

Grace

Inspiration for this post came from a book I stumbled upon not too long ago. It's entitled "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.

What if it was really true, that the end for you was looming ever closer? What if you knew that this would be your final speech? Would you change anything? Would you change what you wanted to say?

I personally find this really breathtaking. No not the dying part, but the part where, for once, you know this would be the last thing you would ever say. I find this enthralling, I really do.

I see death, and it sees me.
Any last words, it asks me

So, what would you say? What would be that one thing you would love to get off your chest, and let the world know about? What would be the final thing, you would like to share with the rest of us?

What would I say? I've not reached that level yet I guess. All my issues now are just things that have no meaning. I've yet to reach that level where the things I'd like to say would have come from my heart. I'm yet to reach that level where the one issue I have is the one issue my wisdom has shown me.

I guess it really shows, that the older we get, the more beautiful we get. The bigger value our age number shows, the purer our thoughts become.
Ageing is beautiful. Ageing purifies our soul. With ageing, we reach ever closer to filling up our experience jar, and finally realising how beautiful life actually is. We tend to appreciate things more than before, because we know, that we might not get to see the next sunrise.
I quote Mitch Albom's Tuesdays With Morrie: Learn how to live, and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll learn how to live.

I'd like to know though, what would you do, if I were to tell you that this would be my final speech? Would you change anything we have? Would you?

2 Comments:

Blogger za-firah said...

It's amazing how 'death' can bring everyone together.

2 October 2008 at 14:27  
Blogger Ravinder Singh said...

Yes, yes it is amazing. A sad thing cause only death brings people closer, but it happens I guess.

7 October 2008 at 13:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home